Dedicated to the world-renowned trafficwomen of the DPRK

PortalPortal   FORUM  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes

Go down 
+2
Dear Leader
JIMBIALEK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Empty
PostSubject: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:16 am

Another juicy tidbit I came across on the NK official news service Naenara is that they can build apartments in 4.9 minutes!

"The President said housing came first in the development of Pyongyang and proposed the introduction of the prefabricated construction method, a new technology in those days.

Thanks to the new method, the builders assembled a flat within 14 minutes, thus building 20 000 flats in a year. And this is how “Pyongyang speed” came into being.

......As in the construction of Munsu Street that took less than three years and Kwangbok Street a little over two years the builders set up a flat in 4.9 minutes, usually more than 200 a day in the construction of Thongil Street in the early 1990s. It was a building speed beyond comparison with the previous years."

http://www.kcckp.net/en/periodic/todaykorea/index.php?contents+5479+2010-04+138+12
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:32 am

From the looks of some of the NK apartments I've seen pictures of, I can believe it.
Back to top Go down
http://dprktrafficgirls.forumotion.com
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Isn't North Korea in an earthquake zone? I don't want to live in a building made in 5 minutes if its in an eartquake zone. stupid
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:04 am

I don't know that they're in an earthquake zone, but close enough to worry.
I wonder how that giant Ryugyong Hotel would hold up in a shaking?
On that thought, if they can build apartments in 5 minutes, why has it taken 23 years and counting to build the Ryugyong?
Back to top Go down
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
official minder moderator
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:44 pm

I wonder what the 4.9 minute flat looks like? It must be a very minimal design.

My guess is that the components of the flat were built elsewhere, not counted as assembly time, and the assembly on site in 4.9 minutes is what they mean.
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 am

Kim Jong-Il once built an entire 3 bedroom house by himself in a then-record time of 9.5 minutes. He has since broken his own record, taking only 8.7 minutes to build an inhabitable 80 foot statue of the Great Leader Kim Il-Sung, complete with recreation room and 2 car garage.
Back to top Go down
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
official minder moderator
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Maybe they're using creative math - if they had many building projects around the country at the same time, they could average it out.
For example, 48 projects each building an average of 2 apartments in a day, in 8 hours. So 76 apartments in 8 hours = 1 apartment every 5 minutes
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:18 am

No, I pretty much believe they mean exactly what they say - that they can build one in 5 minutes. And I believe that as much as when they say that Kim Jong-Il was born on a sacred mountian top amid double rainbows and a bright new star in the sky appeared.
Back to top Go down
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Dear Leader wrote:
No, I pretty much believe they mean exactly what they say - that they can build one in 5 minutes. And I believe that as much as when they say that Kim Jong-Il was born on a sacred mountian top amid double rainbows and a bright new star in the sky appeared.
You left out the sea monster: "Some sources even say that at the moment of Kim’s birth, a monster appeared out of the ocean and sang the Korean national anthem." http://www.personadondada.com/?p=195
All true, I think. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:28 am

catcher22 wrote:
Dear Leader wrote:
You left out the sea monster: "Some sources even say that at the moment of Kim’s birth, a monster appeared out of the ocean and sang the Korean national anthem." http://www.personadondada.com/?p=195
All true, I think. Laughing
That part I believe.
Back to top Go down
oocares

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:23 am

Quote :
Isn't North Korea in an earthquake zone? I don't want to live in a building made in 5 minutes if its in an eartquake zone.
With China one side and Japan the other, I asked a guide if they had Earthquakes and he said 'No'
Then again, they don't have disabled people either....
Back to top Go down
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:50 pm

oocares wrote:
Quote :
Isn't North Korea in an earthquake zone? I don't want to live in a building made in 5 minutes if its in an eartquake zone.
With China one side and Japan the other, I asked a guide if they had Earthquakes and he said 'No'
Then again, they don't have disabled people either....
Thats what I thought too, that they are in that 'rim of fire' zone so there must be earthquakes.
I googled and there was one in Seoul last February http://www.arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.asp?nseq=100030&code=Ne2&category=2
but not very big at 3.0
Back to top Go down
Zaruka
trafficgirl photographer
Zaruka

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Apartments are being constructed in every city at a greater rate than seen in 2008. A photo of two I took while strolling on the river:

North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes 4958480345_2c73d75a97

They are typical slab construction. Many of the rural buildings I have seen have NO re-bar. I have watched locally fired bricks being made and fired. These bricks are mortared together to construct walls as high as three stories. Some sites I have been to in the cities have re-bar (these do) but I can only imagine what an earthquake in the north would do. Some of the old buildings are awful. Think about the Szechuan earthquake in 2008. Here there is no heavy equipment to speak of. A few cranes are seen here and there but the devastation would be severe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zaruka/sets/72157608054087019/
rupesh2356
spammer undergoing re-education

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 am

Hi I am new member in this forum and I am here to have a healthy discussion on different topics
Back to top Go down
http://www.watchfreemoviesonlinedaily.com/salt-2010
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes   North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 pm

rupesh2356 wrote:
Hi I am new member in this forum and I am here to have a healthy discussion on different topics
You're a spammer whose spam link is now deleted and you've been banned.
fingerwag
Back to top Go down

North Korea builds apartments in less than 5 minutes
Page 1 of 1