Dedicated to the world-renowned trafficwomen of the DPRK

PortalPortal   FORUM  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Traffic Girls and Marital Status

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mayor_of_Pyongyang
청동 party member 청동
Mayor_of_Pyongyang

Traffic Girls and Marital Status Empty
PostSubject: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:29 pm

I've read that in order to be a traffic girl, one of the requirements is that you must be single. But, what happens when a TG gets married? Is she removed from the force, placed on desk duty, or made a supervisor? Just wondering. scratch
Back to top Go down
w511
* party member *

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Maybe they retire to have babies for promotion of the great cause! laugh at that
Back to top Go down
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
official minder moderator
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:59 pm

I have seen a couple posts where people write that they must be single, but who knows if that's government policy or urban myth. It could be - there also might be an age maximum because they all seem to be in their 20's.

I've also read that the PTGs are the first ones to get married, but I don't know how you would strike up a conversation with one while driving by in a car or on a bus.

If regulations do state that they must be unmarried, I suppose that if there were no openings in the other branches of the traffic department they would be forced to "resign".

This would be a good indication that there's no womans lib movement in the DPRK.
Back to top Go down
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:56 pm

I have another thought on this - If only the prettiest women are picked, who decides which ones are rejected? Is there some beauty "test" they have to pass? With a panel of judges maybe, where the girls are evaluated and scored - kind of like a beauty pageant.
I can imagine possibly even with a swimsuit competition, complete with a 10 point scoring system ( 9.9, 9.7, 10!! etc.), during which there could even be officials with tape measures that come out and with trembling hands take each girls womanly measurements, like the way it was done in the first Miss America pageants.

And I wonder who made the rule that only pretty women are qualified to be Pyongyang Traffic Police?

It would be a terrible feeling to be a "rejected" applicant, deemed not pretty enough to be able to direct traffic. Sad
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 am

LOL - It's more likely that their Dear Leader is the ultimate decider - and was his decree that they be pretty and unmarried.

PTGturn
Back to top Go down
Mayor_of_Pyongyang
청동 party member 청동
Mayor_of_Pyongyang

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:12 am

JIMBIALEK wrote:
LOL - It's more likely that their Dear Leader is the ultimate decider - and was his decree that they be pretty and unmarried.

PTGturn

That's what I've read - that Jong-Il himself picks them personally. But how they get to that point is unknown.
Back to top Go down
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Mayor_of_Pyongyang wrote:
JIMBIALEK wrote:

PTGturn

That's what I've read - that Jong-Il himself picks them personally. But how they get to that point is unknown.
As he is chauffeured through Pyongyang he probably points out the window going "That one.....that one .........that one ......."
Back to top Go down
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: Traffic Girls and Marital Status   Traffic Girls and Marital Status Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Do the traffic men also have to be handsome and unmarried as a requirement?
Back to top Go down

Traffic Girls and Marital Status
Page 1 of 1