Dedicated to the world-renowned trafficwomen of the DPRK

PORTALPORTAL   FORUM  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

North Korea TV (KCTV) Live Stream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator

PostSubject: Re: North Korea TV (KCTV) Live Stream   Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:37 am

MisterAnon wrote:
So what's going on with thise RTSP stream? The RTSP stream is the only one now working. The MMS stream is dead. The RTSP URL is rtsp://121.167.43.161/chosun and typing that exactly (specifying no port number) works in this stream player app for Android called Stream Player. However it does not work in VLC player or ffplay.exe (the player component of FFMPEG). I tried manually specifying the port number 554 (the default for RTSP protocol) but that didn't work in VLC or FFPLAY. I also tried the official alternate RTSP port number which is 8554, but it also didn't work in either of those players. I tried manually specifying port 554 in Stream Player for Android, and it worked perfectly. So I know the port number 554 is correct.

So here I have a very much non-standard player (Stream Player) working perfectly, while the more common software VLC and FFPLAY utterly fail to play this stream. What's going on?
I had never heard of a RSTP stream before.  So I tried it in the VLC player, and it is working for me, streaming KCTV North Korea. Also the MMS stream is working for my VLC player, too. Both links currently streaming the same KCTV broadcast. I don't know anything about those port numbers, I just opened my VLC player, clicked media > open network stream, and pasted the MMS link or the RSTP link and they both play fine.
WMP no longer supports MMS streaming so I need to use the VLC now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pyongyangtrafficgirls.com
MisterAnon
party member

PostSubject: Re: North Korea TV (KCTV) Live Stream   Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Finally figured out what was wrong. My router's firewall was blocking the connection. Don't know why it worked from my cellphone (with that one app called Stream Player), as it's also on my wireless router. Must have something to do with the way it tried to connect or something. Whatever the case, I don't want to have to disable the firewall, just to watch NKorean TV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

North Korea TV (KCTV) Live Stream
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
PyongyangTrafficGirls.com :: Back In The DPRK :: DPRK On The Web-