Dedicated to the world-renowned trafficwomen of the DPRK

PortalPortal   FORUM  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent
official minder moderator
Jong-Il's Hair Apparent

Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Empty
PostSubject: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Have you noticed how the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? The exception is if they need to make a 1/4 turn to the right to give a traffic direction, otherwise turns of 180°, and the double 180° are always counter-clockwise. I wonder if they are taught that or does it just comes naturally? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mayor_of_Pyongyang
청동 party member 청동
Mayor_of_Pyongyang

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Maybe it's like fighter pilots - it's always easier to turn left than to turn right. Nearly every dogfight was fought in this manner.
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:53 am

And they always hold the baton in the right hand, probably so the baton exchange is the same for everyone. That must be a requirement, and I would guess they are also drilled to spin left as a rule.

Trafficgirl spinning
(I just noticed I made all our PTG smilies spin left. Maybe it is just a natural direction)
Back to top Go down
http://dprktrafficgirls.forumotion.com
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Just like in militay training, each one is taught to do it exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:57 pm

A little-known fact is that north of the equator all trafficgirls rotate counter-clockwise and south of the equator they rotate clockwise.
Back to top Go down
Mayor_of_Pyongyang
청동 party member 청동
Mayor_of_Pyongyang

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:08 pm

What if they're standing exactly ON the equator?????
Back to top Go down
Dear Leader
Divine Administrator
Dear Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:18 am

Mayor_of_Pyongyang wrote:
What if they're standing exactly ON the equator?????
Traffic gridlock.
Back to top Go down
http://dprktrafficgirls.forumotion.com
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 am

I don't think there are any major cities ON the equator, so there would be no trafficgirls there.
Back to top Go down
catcher22
청동 party member 청동

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:39 pm

JIMBIALEK wrote:
I don't think there are any major cities ON the equator, so there would be no trafficgirls there.
I think that was a hypothetical question.
Back to top Go down
JIMBIALEK
은색 party member 은색

PostSubject: Re: Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?   Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:21 am

catcher22 wrote:
JIMBIALEK wrote:
I think that was a hypothetical question.
And a facetious answer.
Back to top Go down

Why do the traffic girls always rotate counter-clockwise?
Page 1 of 1